March 19, 2020
To Our Valued Clients
In an effort to keep our staff and clients safe we will no longer be offering treatments and services as of March 19th.
Our office and reception will be available from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday through Friday to answer your questions.
We hope to reopen April 7th with lots of warm greetings. We will keep you posted.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
March 15, 2020
We understand that you may be experiencing stress and uncertainty with the rapidly changing information regarding travel and Covid-19. As health professionals, we want to assure you that we continue to uphold the highest sanitization procedures at Healthwinds.
We are kept up to date by the Ministry of Health and the College of Massage Therapists with the latest reports and recommendations for sustaining a safe, clean environment on a daily/weekly basis.
- All of our treatment rooms are equipped with a built-in sink, hand soap, antibacterial wipes, lotion and towels. Our therapists and Aestheticians clean the treatment area after every client. They change the sheets and towels and disinfect the head cradle.
- We use only freshly laundered linens which are supplied by a professional linen service. These are not only washed but steamed at very high temperatures to kill all bacteria.
- Our Aesthetic equipment and basins are sanitized with a high-grade medical detergent that is also used by surgeons. This exceeds the requirements of the Toronto Public Health regulations.
- Our cleaning staff are on site every day during the spa hours to ensure that cleanliness is maintained. In addition, a bleach solution is used to clean all surfaces and door handles.
- We want to remind you that as a precautionary and safety measure that you place a fresh towel on the area where you are sitting when using our steam rooms.
- Hand sanitizers are provided at the front desk and the credit card equipment is cleaned after each use.
- Any staff experiencing flu-like symptoms are required to stay at home and contact their doctor before being allowed to return to work.
- We also ask our clients to not attend a treatment if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- For those returning from trips from high risk destinations we will not be able to offer you any services until you have passed the mandatory incubation period.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our very best to you
COVID-19 Symptoms and Health Guidelines
At the time of writing this document, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada. However, it is still prudent to take precautionary measures to reduce your risk of contracting or spreading the virus, and to be aware of symptoms and exposures that warrant contacting Public Health for information and instruction.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may be very mild and feel similar to a cold or flu, but they can be severe for others.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear, and can include :
- Difficulty breathing
- Pneumonia in both lungs
- Risks of getting COVID-19 for most Canadians at this point is low, however, there is higher risk associated with the following :
- Travel to affected areas
- Close contact with someone who has a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
The Government of Canada advises the following tips to help you stay healthy and prevent the spread of infections :
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it immediately or into your sleeve instead of your hands